Life - Love and Photography.......the early years !!!

It's taken me so long to get around to this blog and don't really know where to start....well how about the beginning?

I'm joking.....starting my blog from that far back may exceed the space that I have available on my blogging website...:-)....and yes that is me in the picture with my dad....and yes, that IS a real monkey !!!

Although I spent many happy years working in I.T. :-( I knew there was something missing !!
From my teen years I had always been interested in taking the photos rather than being in one. I know that sounds a bit cheesy ......and a bit of a cliche...and everyone who loves photography says this.....but it was true...

I pretty much started off with one of those old Kodak Brownie Cameras that my dad bought me when i first showed an interest in photography. Soon I was developing pictures with my friend Alex in his attic on evenings and weekends. Remember those early days of darkrooms? Not the digital one's like Adobe Lightroom that everyone uses now. We had all the light sensitive photographic paper, film and chemicals needed to develop our masterpieces....
It was great fun, but VERY time consuming and although the finished prints were not exactly brilliant - it was a great learning process....and hey, it was a journey !!!

I was never very creative at School - in fact, I was rubbish at drawing and painting but I did used to create these obscure designs in art class that most people never really understood. Not surprising really as most of the time I didn't even know what the finished product would look like myself until it was actually finished. I suppose if you had to describe what style of art influenced me it was Salvador Dali. I'm not saying that my weird artistic incantations represented the finer works of the great man himself....NO, they were just a bit "all over the place" without a great degree of structure - but I liked them !!

Anyway....enough of the arty talk and back to reality !!

I left photoghraphy for quite a while and focussed on other things in my life but knew that I would come back to it again at some stage...when the time was right.
That time was about 3 years ago when I purchased my first proper digial SLR camera - a Canon EOS 400D with kit lens.
From that point on I was hooked on everything photographic....although people photography was where my interest lay. Capturing real emotions and freezing them for all time.....

To partly finance my newly discovered hobby and purchase better equipment I started to Photograph Weddings and Portraits. Little did I know then that I would love this style of photography with such a PASSION !!!!
What could be more rewarding than capturing the real emotions on one of the happiest days of a persons life....? Being a part of their special day and producing images that will adorn the walls and photo albums of real people for the rest of their lives and future generations.....

This was now my chance to be creative once again and feed the PASSION .........
















No comments:

Post a Comment